How to change the currency of the resource assignment attributes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I hope someone can help

I would like to change the currency used in the resource centre in PWA. Currently the standard rate is in $ and I would like to change this to £, however I cannot find an option to change it

Thanks for your help in advance

Matt

Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:04 PM

Answers

• Matt --

Launch your web browser and navigate to the Home page of Project Web App.  In the upper right corner of the page, click the Settings Menu button (it looks like a gear wheel) and select the PWA Settings item on the menu.  In the Operational Policies section of the page, click the Additional Server Settings link.  In the Currency Settings section of the Additional Server Settings page, click the Default Currency pick list button and select the currency you want to use for your Project Web App (for example, select EUR for Euros).  Click the Save button.  Optionally select the <label for="ctl00_ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PWA_PlaceHolderMain__currencySection_ctl02__entPublishSingleCurrencies">Enforce that Projects are Published in the Default Currency radio button, and then OK in the warning dialog.  The system will now show you all projects that are not using your default currency so that those projects can be fixed.  Click the Save button to save the changes.  The option you set for Default Currency will display for your resources in the Resource Center page and for every project as well.  Hope this helps.</label>

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Matt22365 Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:42 AM
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I hope this may be of helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/project/currency-settings-project-server-2013-settings

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for sending this but I cannot find the options it points to in this article.

I have tried to open the resources as a project plan and change the currency in there, however it keeps reverting back to $ when I reopen it

Matt

Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

What version of project server you are using?

Check out and open a project from Project Server

• Click File, and then click Options.

• On the Project Options page, click Display.

• On the Display page, in the Currency options for this project section, select the currency that you want to use for this project.

• Click OK.

• Click File, and then click Save to save the project.

• Click File, and then click Publish to publish the project

Thanks

Syed

Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Hi

I am using Project Professional 2016 Web app.

I can change the currency on individual projects, my issue is that I cannot add the resource's salary in £'s in the web application itself. The system will only accept $'s

Thanks

Matt

Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:07 PM
  • Hi,

This may be of helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNT2lc5zj4

Thanks

Syed

Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:18 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for sending thism however I have tried this and it keeps defaulting back to $ when I reopen the plan. I believe this is because it is set to $ in the Project web app resource centre, as can be seen in the attached picture.

I believe I need to change it in the resource centre for the changes to be sent through to the project plan itself

Thanks

Matt

Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:50 PM
  • Hi

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to change the currency in the PWA resource centre?

Thanks

Matt

Friday, May 4, 2018 11:05 AM
  • Matt --

Launch your web browser and navigate to the Home page of Project Web App.  In the upper right corner of the page, click the Settings Menu button (it looks like a gear wheel) and select the PWA Settings item on the menu.  In the Operational Policies section of the page, click the Additional Server Settings link.  In the Currency Settings section of the Additional Server Settings page, click the Default Currency pick list button and select the currency you want to use for your Project Web App (for example, select EUR for Euros).  Click the Save button.  Optionally select the <label for="ctl00_ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PWA_PlaceHolderMain__currencySection_ctl02__entPublishSingleCurrencies">Enforce that Projects are Published in the Default Currency radio button, and then OK in the warning dialog.  The system will now show you all projects that are not using your default currency so that those projects can be fixed.  Click the Save button to save the changes.  The option you set for Default Currency will display for your resources in the Resource Center page and for every project as well.  Hope this helps.</label>

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Matt22365 Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:42 AM
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 7:22 PM
  • Hi Dale

This worked perfectly thanks for your help

Matt

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:42 AM