• Question

• Whomever this may concern at MSN Live,

I took note to your requests and I have

changed my titles to dyanmic titles

changed my keywords to be dyanmic

changed my meta description to be dynamic

added H1 and H2 tags where applicable

When can I get crawled?

How do I go about getting crawled. It has been since June 8th.

I took notes from the link suggested to me before my post disappeared when your forums crashed.

Please advise what else I need to do to comply to MSN policy.

I am a webmaster who truely has an intreast in becoming #1 for my niche on your search engine.

Thank you,
    Andrew

Sunday, July 20, 2008 2:18 AM

Answers

• Assuming nohaggleleasing.com is your domain name, I could not access the site. If that is not your domain name, please let me know what it is and I will take a look.

Brett

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Nice site.

What I see are a couple of problems that are not so easily fixed. Reviewing the home page, you have very little text that isn't in pictures. This is a problem because we cannot determin relevancy by a list of car names. By repeating "lease" multiple times in both your title and description, you are entering into a keyword stuffing gray area. Finaly, you only have a few non-directory backlinks to your site. Consider asking the businesses you are working with to include a link to your site.

Have you updated your sitemap (with updated dates)?

Brett 

Monday, July 21, 2008 4:36 PM
  • As I said, it is a gray area. From what I see, you are not being penalized much for it (not enough to hurt your rankings anyway). I am sure that with more text --alt or otherwise-- even the fractional penalty will go away. Although I suggest not using "lease" much more on the home page in any event. When writing alt tags, I don't think you need to add, "Lease a ..." I am almost positive anyone visiting your site will know this site is for car leases (and sales)

As a customer and webmaster here is something to think about: If there is anyway to obtain higher resolution images, I would use them --even if it meant taking a hit on site load performance (are you using compression?). People shopping around for cars on the web will wait a few seconds longer knowing the pages are graphics intense. In my mind, cars are like jewelry and the pictures should be vibrant and shiny. These images are somewhat grainy. At any rate, nice site, it made me want to look around a bit which is rare.

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:09 PM

All replies

• Assuming nohaggleleasing.com is your domain name, I could not access the site. If that is not your domain name, please let me know what it is and I will take a look.

Brett

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Brett,

The website is

http://www.nohagglecarleasing.com

Thank you,
    Andrew
    Monday, July 21, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Nice site.

What I see are a couple of problems that are not so easily fixed. Reviewing the home page, you have very little text that isn't in pictures. This is a problem because we cannot determin relevancy by a list of car names. By repeating "lease" multiple times in both your title and description, you are entering into a keyword stuffing gray area. Finaly, you only have a few non-directory backlinks to your site. Consider asking the businesses you are working with to include a link to your site.

Have you updated your sitemap (with updated dates)?

Brett 

Monday, July 21, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Brett,

I will work on adding some text to the home page today. I am going to be doing some article submissions and press releases to get non directory backlinks. I have been manually entering my site to directories a couple a week as to not look like spamming. As for the keyword stuffing gray area, I did some extensive research into the top 3 sites on all 3 search engines seeing what their homepages did for keyword relevancy and I found they all "stuff" the makes with lease following them. I kinda took that from the top 3 ranking sites on the top 3 search engines.

I will keep pounding away. I will add some relevant text to the homepage by the end of today. I am working on getting my alt tags for all the cars to be dynamic right now.

Any other suggestions please shoot em my way. I am all ears.

Thank you,
    Andrew
    Monday, July 21, 2008 4:45 PM
  • As I said, it is a gray area. From what I see, you are not being penalized much for it (not enough to hurt your rankings anyway). I am sure that with more text --alt or otherwise-- even the fractional penalty will go away. Although I suggest not using "lease" much more on the home page in any event. When writing alt tags, I don't think you need to add, "Lease a ..." I am almost positive anyone visiting your site will know this site is for car leases (and sales)

As a customer and webmaster here is something to think about: If there is anyway to obtain higher resolution images, I would use them --even if it meant taking a hit on site load performance (are you using compression?). People shopping around for cars on the web will wait a few seconds longer knowing the pages are graphics intense. In my mind, cars are like jewelry and the pictures should be vibrant and shiny. These images are somewhat grainy. At any rate, nice site, it made me want to look around a bit which is rare.

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:09 PM
  • Brett,

Cool. Notes taken. I will implement your suggestions into the site. The site is in its infant stages right now I have been reading seochat.com and taking a lot of notes from the top posters over there. I will work on the images too. I just ran a sitemap and setup a cronjob to ping all search engines with all changes so I will not have to keep updating them manually.

Glad to see you liked the site!! Smile Feels good knowing I am on the right track with design and overal seoing of site.

Does Microsoft offer any kind of publishing program for ads? This is my next major move. I have a google adsense account I am toying around with and going to implement here in the next couple of days. I was looking at yahoos beta program which is google adsense and dunno if they will let me run yahoo and google ads side by side on my site. But, I want to maximize my ad potential as that will be the driving revenue behind my site.

Thanks again man .. Appreciate your time and input. Will post you on updates in coming days for a further review.

Andrew
    Monday, July 21, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Brett,

Hows it going today? I got a question for you regarding my index page. Someone recommended to me that I put all my keywords under available leases in <h2> headings? How do you feel about that? Does adding <h2> tags to my keywords on the homepage give me an advantage?

Thank you,
    Andrew
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:28 PM