Warnings after configuring Consolidated Edge Server - Please respond, I am tired of losing sleep :) RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving the following 'warnings' after setting up my consolidated Edge server for OCS R2.  I have 2 NIC's configured, one with an internal IP and one with 3 IP's in the DMZ for the server Roles.

DNS Resolution failure: No DNS SRV records corresponding to _sipfederationtls._tcp.sip.ABCDomain.com were found for this domain
    Suggested Resolution: Verify that the domain name is correct and that the DNS SRV record _sipfederationtls._tcp.sip.ABCDomain.com exists for this domain.
      Warning
    [0x43FC200C] Not all checks were successful
    I have verified that the SRV records are published externally. 
    Do I have to configure these SRV records on the internal DNS as well (even though the Edge obviously is not a member of the domain, but rather a workgroup?)
     I dont understand why I would be getting this error on the Edge server during the Validation process.  All services have started and are running....
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:28 AM

Answers

• You only need the record externally.  The validation process assumes that your server is using external DNS, which is almost never the case.  If you've already verified the record from the internet then this can be safely ignored.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:47 AM
  • The DNS entry is used for federation, you may federate with someone other company and verify that all is working as expected.

There are many open-federations on the internet, if you want to test.

The validation wizard can be ignored safely  because you are using an internal DNS.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:29 AM

All replies

• You only need the record externally.  The validation process assumes that your server is using external DNS, which is almost never the case.  If you've already verified the record from the internet then this can be safely ignored.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:47 AM
  • Thanks Mike

I am using internal DNS for this server in the DMZ.  It just appears that this warning stops the validation tests and was driving me crazy.

Anything that you would recommend to verify services are running properly otherwise?

Regards
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:51 AM
  • The DNS entry is used for federation, you may federate with someone other company and verify that all is working as expected.

There are many open-federations on the internet, if you want to test.

The validation wizard can be ignored safely  because you are using an internal DNS.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:29 AM
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?
    Mike and Sri gave a good suggestion, please try that.
    If you still have any issues, please publish them.
    You also can get some help from below link
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441323(office.13).aspx 

Regards!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:34 AM