User account is not configured to use the Communication Service RRS feed

• Question

• "User account is not configured to use the Communication Service" is the error we are getting when trying to login to 2007 public beta even though (all) users are showing under Enterprise Pools/Pools/Users.  Believe everything is setup correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:25 PM

Answers

• Turns out the resolve to this issue was to disable/ enable the User to use Office Communications server. (Perhaps there was confusion changing pools/ users from 2005 to 2007?)
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:22 PM

All replies

• Turns out the resolve to this issue was to disable/ enable the User to use Office Communications server. (Perhaps there was confusion changing pools/ users from 2005 to 2007?)
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:22 PM
  •  

I've noticed this issue as well --- sometimes it takes a long time for a user to become enabled on the 2007 OCS. However, if I disable/enable a user on the 2007 OCS, the users is then able to use the OC.

Any ideas why this is happening. MSFT?

Mike

Monday, October 8, 2007 1:58 PM
  •  

Someone? Please...MSFT?
    Monday, October 8, 2007 10:55 PM
  •  

Availability of a user on a specific pool in a time frame critically depends on your server replication topology.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:45 AM
  • Is there a way to do a mass disable/enable?
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:22 PM
  • simple, right click users folder under OCS mmc and do what ever you want...

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:46 PM
  • Actually, not simple. You can not do a mass disable of users. You can do a mass enable, but not the opposite.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:59 PM
  •  

Then what does DELETE do on the Users folder in OCS console...

Anuj...

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:55 PM
  • You do it and follow up with me.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:59 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same problem, however, disabling and re-enable of the account does not seem to correct.  I even tried using my own account instead of a test user and still no luck.  Any other ideas?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:22 PM
  • I've run into the same issue.  I had a previous LCS2003 server with our corporate users homed to it, then installed a new LCS2005 server, migrated a couple test users there, installed a OCS2007 server, and migrated those same test users to this OCS2007 instance.

I am able to connect with these OCS2007 enabled users using Windows Messenger 5.1 and Office Communicator 2005 just fine.  However, when I attempt to user Office Communicator 2007 with these same users, I receive the account is not configured to use the Communication Service error.

I'm at a loss for this, and there is no information online anywhere.  How is it that OC2005 can connect these users, but OC2007 can not?!

HELP!

-akm

Monday, August 18, 2008 1:51 PM