Enhancing Search Function in Forum Search RRS feed

• Question

• What I was looking for was some way to apply the 'Google Style' search options like using the minus sign to exclude items:
    "Diamond Rings" -square -gold -sterling etc.

Having an expanded search option like that where we could indicate that we want two words in a search like "Pay Steps" would elminate a million posts where the word "Pay" was used but didn't relate to Pay Steps.

In a previous post on the Dynamics GP Forum the response was that this type of enhanced search option was 'impossible' so I wanted to find a way to escalate this discussion.  There doesn't seem to be a 'right' place to post this as I can't find a Forum on Microsoft Forums in general.  So this thread is where I thought I'd start trying to escalate this option in order to enhance the search functionality and usefulness of this valuable tool.

Mike Lupro - Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant

Mike Lupro - MCP
    Friday, July 29, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• This post has been unanswered for over a month and I'm still hoping to see a reply from someone.
    Mike Lupro - MCP
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:32 PM
  • Hi, Mike, 

it seems your question is about the forum search,  not about specific Microsoft Academic Search (MAS) features, is it correct?  this particular forum is about MAS.

thanks.

-xin (Microsoft Academic Search team)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:46 AM
  • Hi, Mike, 

it seems your question is about the forum search,  not about specific Microsoft Academic Search (MAS) features, is it correct?  this particular forum is about MAS.

thanks.

-xin (Microsoft Academic Search team)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:46 AM
  • I understand what you're saying but I've been unable to find 'the right place' to put this question to the community.

I'd be happy to move/repost it in the proper forum.  Can you assist with where that might be?  Everything is product-focused or topic-focused but there appears to be no forum on the forum...  :-)

Mike

Mike Lupro - MCP
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Hi, Mike,

Could you try to repost your question in http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/suggest/threads? I think it is a more proper place to talk about this, thanks.

Best,

Yan

Friday, September 23, 2011 5:40 AM
  • This question has been re-posted in the suggested thread.  Thank you for that advice.

Mike

Mike Lupro - MCP
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:49 AM