Data Encryption for CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that needs the additional of several customer fields.

I need to encrypt several of these fields (medical records).

I am somewhat confused / uncertain after reading several articles on CRM data encryption.

• I know that SQL Server supports TDE.
    • I know that data encryption is enabled with CRM Online.
    • I understand that CRM automatically encrypts certain sensitive data types mainly to do with server side synchronisation

What I cannot find out is: - 

1. Does CRM Online 2016 support encryption of custom fields? and
    2. How doe I enable data encryption for custom fields?

Can you help me?

Joe

Joe

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:38 PM

Answers

• CRM Doesnt have any data encryption functionality for fields, this can be achieved by plugins if you are aware of how to develop a plugin. But for the mentioned purpose the Field Level security should be the best possible option.

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Joe Kelly Friday, August 26, 2016 8:04 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:22 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:35 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Joe Kelly Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:36 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Thanks for your input Guido.

Your blog addresses field level security BUT NOT data encryption on custom fields.

Joe

Joe

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:36 AM
  • CRM Doesnt have any data encryption functionality for fields, this can be achieved by plugins if you are aware of how to develop a plugin. But for the mentioned purpose the Field Level security should be the best possible option.

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Joe Kelly Friday, August 26, 2016 8:04 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:22 AM