none
how does the new TechNet Evaluation Center work RRS feed

• Question

• I was in a hurry and tried to save time by downloading a 2012 VHD for a quick test. Unfortunately the technet eval center now also has been hit by the Windows 8 tile virus. Loads of eye candy but actually downloading something doesn't seem to work.

Anyone know

1. A workaround?

2. where can I complain about this new site?

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• From the  Get to know the new TechNet Evaluation Center page, it seems fairly simple.

There is a "Site Feedback" link at the bottom of the page which allows you to provide feedback.

As inferred, "feedback" is probably more appreciated than "complaints"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:59 PM
  • I provided this "feedback" because the TechNet (MSDN) support center told me they couldn't help me. 

I am trying to complete the installation and testing of SharePoint Server 2013.  I downloaded the SharePoint 180 day evaluation installation package from the TechNet Evaluation site (can't list the link).  When installing the package it asks for the license key: NQTMW-K63MQ-39G6H-B2CH9-FRDWJ.  I get an error message that this license key is not valid?!?

I contacted TechNet (MSDN) support and the call agent after looking into the issue on the license key, informed me that the key is valid but she couldn't help me.  I was instructed to submit this site feedback form.

This is a bit frustrating.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:06 PM