none
Cannot Move Thread to MSDN Forum

Question

• I just tried to move a question posted in the TechNet "Forums Issues" forum to an MSDN forum. But when I select anything other than TechNet in the selection box, I get nothing, no list of forums to choose from. I tried in IE 9, IE 11, and Firefox. Are we no longer able to move threads from TechNet to MSDN?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:33 PM

Answers

• I have run into the same issue last few days moving to TechNet brand or unbranded microsoft. For me the work-around has been to open in single-thread view, change the branding, then do the move. I realize this won't work in all situations.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:38 AM

All replies

• I've got the same problem trying to move threads between MSDN forums

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:56 PM
  • I have run into the same issue last few days moving to TechNet brand or unbranded microsoft. For me the work-around has been to open in single-thread view, change the branding, then do the move. I realize this won't work in all situations.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:38 AM
  • Dave, that worked for me. Thanks.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:39 AM
  • Sweet, good to hear. Still hoping they will fix this.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:45 AM