70-448 -SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to take the 70-448 exam soon. I have two questions

1) On the certification page, it is specified that "*Note that this MCTS certification will only be awarded until July 31, 2013." What does this mean? Will my certification be valid after July 31st?

2) Is there any relative exam for SQL server 2012 that covers the BI part of SQL Server 2012. I checked the upgrade path / certification path for 2012, and it looks like i need to take multiple exams before  i take the BI level

I am mainly into SharePoint and would like to learn more about BI in SQL server so that i can integrate it with SharePoint. Please advise... 

Thankyou

SharePoint Learner

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• What it means is that you have until July 31st to complete that certification.  If you do then you will have the cert - not expired, but also not usefull for certain Partner competancies.

The lower level certs are non specific now.  As part of the SQL 2012 MCSA there is coverage of some of the BI technologies baked in:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcsa-sql-certification.aspx#fbid=UdCId6xkAhm

At the MCSE level you can get into a specific BI tract.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcse-sql-business-intelligence.aspx#fbid=UdCId6xkAhm

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Thank you for your time and reply.

So, can i take 70-467(the BI related cert for 2012) directly? Or do i need to complete all the 5 exams(3 for MCSA and other 2 for MCSE) before taking 467 

Thank you once again!!!

SharePoint Learner

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:02 PM
  • There is nothing to stop you from taking 70-467 since they don't list any pre-requisites.  You won't have a named certification after you take it, but you can at least show that you passed it to someone.  Make sure you prepare, because the MCSE level tests are pretty comprehensive - at least the ones I took for my Data Platform MCSE were.

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:20 PM