Quote Product Main Form - General Issues with 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems getting the 2013 features to play with the Quote Product Main Form both online and on-premise.

The Quote Product Form out of the box still looks like a 2011 screen. (Take a look at opportunity product for comparison of what I'd expect it to look like)

I can't get even the simplest business rules to work.

I can't insert a Quick View Form.

Has anyone had any success doing any of the above on this form?

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:49 AM

All replies

• I'm having problems getting the 2013 features to play with the Quote Product Main Form both online and on-premise.

The Quote Product Form out of the box still looks like a 2011 screen. (Take a look at opportunity product for comparison of what I'd expect it to look like)

I can't get even the simplest business rules to work.

I can't insert a Quick View Form.

Has anyone had any success doing any of the above on this form?

Hi Chris,

since November last year was there any response/sign that Microsoft would fix inconsistencies in this new interface? (no longer new after all...)

Thanks for any info/update on this.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:40 PM
  • They didn't do anything with the form itself, therefore things like business rules, process flows, and quick forms are not going to be available.  I believe the idea is that the editable subgrid from the Main Quote form was supposed to cover 90% of your needs in a simpler interface.  If you really need more logic on the Quote Product itself, the good news is that JavaScript still works there :)

Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Hi, yes for Business Rules there is a limitation that can be run only for a entity with refreshed UI form, which is Quote Product, it uses a classic form.

Business Process flow also cannot.

And then, after did apply a rollup, the business rules are disabled in every Classic Form (without rollup, the Business Rules are still can be created, but it would be useless since cannot be run).

Thanks.

Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:11 PM
  • They didn't do anything with the form itself, therefore things like business rules, process flows, and quick forms are not going to be available.  I believe the idea is that the editable subgrid from the Main Quote form was supposed to cover 90% of your needs in a simpler interface.  If you really need more logic on the Quote Product itself, the good news is that JavaScript still works there :)

So the only way to have the Tax field automatically calculated is with javascript or a third party plugin? I don't understand with all the functionality for quotes etc builtin a default tax rate can't be set. I have tried a few methods to update Total Tax field however beleive that this field is not updateable. What is the best way to calculate tax on the Total Cost i.e. minus discounts and not including freight?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:48 PM
  • You're probably not going to like this, but here goes:

I think because the tax calculation for any given product or service  is potentially extremely complex, you are not going to see anything more than a basic manual Tax entry built into CRM.  It just doesn't make much sense for Microsoft to take that on in a CRM system.  That leaves you to get creative about it on your own.

We have created an integration to Microsoft Dynamics AX to do our Tax calculations.  Upon creation of an Order Product, we forward product information as well as purchase location information to AX, and they submit a calculation back to CRM.  This is all accomplished through Microsoft CRM Connector. 

Your solution does not have to be that complex.  Perhaps all you need is a custom field added somewhere in CRM to hold your tax calculation percentage, and a Plugin on the quote/order product entity to apply the calculated tax.  If you do this you will have to be careful about what the Plugin calculates and when.  We have noticed with every new product entry CRM natively performs a Create and a Save operation.  One to store the initial entry, and one to recalculate totals on the Quote or Order itself.  It becomes a little tricky trying to figure out what to change and when.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:47 PM