My MCSE certificate in 1999 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I have my MCSE certificate back in 1999 and I still have physical certificate in my hand , just wondering if I could view it online or add to my acclaim/linkedin etc,

Could you please help?

Thanks

Hong

Saturday, March 7, 2020 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe MCSE certs always had a 3 to 5 year expiry date on them, unless the technologies they described skillsets for had become obsolete or reach the end of their lifetime (ie if MS no longer supports it, it's obsolete because it's past end-of-life).

I don't see why you couldn't or shouldn't list it in your social media or even resume, regardless.  You earned it.  Even if it was expired or obsoleted it represents a level of intelligence and hard work.  Just tag the line entry with the date and if you find out for sure whether it's obsolete or not, maybe tag the line with that too.

The first thing anybody who knows anything about anything has to learn isn't how much they don't know, but that there is stuff they don't know.

Saturday, March 7, 2020 5:43 PM
  • Hi Hong Chen,

Your case needs support from MCP team please follow this link
    https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mcp/forum and ask your questions they will open private messages for your case.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped you :) ~

Saturday, March 7, 2020 5:45 PM
  • Thanks for reply, it is a nice to have feature but not mandatory on my social media :)
    Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:57 PM
  • Thanks, will try now.
    Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:57 PM