deletionservice RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am getting deletion service error in eventewr.for that i have executed crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce in cmd prompt,it has given two tables name can not delete the records (leadbase and activity pointer).Can any one tell me how to solve this problem.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Someone has most likely deleted records from the CRM database using an unsupported method which can leave associated records hanging. 

Here are two links for reference on how to resolve the issue.  One is from Ronald Lemmen and the other is Microsoft.  Good Luck.  Back Up your database before proceeding with either methods

http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/10/error-deletion-service-failed-to-clean.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921391/EN-US/

Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Thank you for your reply..

I am getting the error for leadbase,Below mentioning the error.

DELETE statement conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE constraint 'lead_addresses'.
    The conflict occurred in database 'RTrade1_MSCRM', table 'LeadAddressBase', column 'ParentId'.
    The statement has been terminated

Monday, November 3, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Try taking the leadid and look for the lead address in the leadaddress table.  Deleted the lead address you find that is associated with the leadid.  Understand that direct deletes to the database are not supported.  Once you delete the lead address from the database you should be able to move forward.

Deleting records using the GUI is recommended because all associated records that need to be deleted will be deleted and you will not end up with orphaned records.

Monday, November 3, 2008 11:10 AM
  • I am updating parentid null in leadaddressbase table  assosiated records with the leadbase table, but it is showing canot insert the value NULL into column parentid.Can u guide me how to delete the assosiated records.

update leadaddressbase set parentid=null where parentid in(select leadid from leadbase where deletionstatecode=2)

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ParentId', table 'Organization_MSCRM.dbo.LeadAddressBase'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:41 AM
  • The action you are taking is not right.  You can not nor do you want to make this type of update.  Before proceeding any further, please open a ticket with Microsoft support and let them assist you with a supported method to accomplish what you need.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:00 PM