none
ie8 and command prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had a corrupt dll on XP which I repaired with Windows repair console using a service pack to disk everything went fine and appeared to reload all the updates including SP3 and internet 7. However when this was all completed I could not open IE7 and ended up upgrading to IE 8 which loaded fine with one exception when I go into IE for the first time in each session the command prompt appears with the following in the header bar c docume user\locals\temp.exe and when I go to close it the programme does not resond appears and I have to end task to close it. The command prompt then randomly appears with similar thread whilst working on IE8. Everything else works fine and I have done virus checks tried to strip it back to IE6 and reload with out any luck please please help its driving me nuts
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:16 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the ( Windows > Windows Forums > Windows 7 Forums > Internet Explorer) forum located here:  ( http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Tagore Bandlamudi Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:39 PM
  • Sorry for this random replying.

Call me a moron but I’m banging my head to monitor for some time now and just don’t see how to make my one thread.

I have an urgent problem but I have to waist time on this reply instead of actually asking what I need to ask.

Please help and sorry! :(

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:47 PM