Get the Newly Created Record Id from Dialog? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

By Using one Custom Button onclick i am opening a dialog. Inside that dialog i am creating a new record. this is done by using javascript. Upto here i am able to do it. Now i want to open the newly created record. How can i get the newly created record id to my script.

Please let me know if any one knows.

Thanks,

Sravan J

Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:51 AM

All replies

• You aren't able to use JavaScript inside a dialog. You can put a hyperlink to the new record in the dialog and have the user click on it to open.

Opening Records Created From Dialogs Using Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 2011

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:35 PM
  • What are you using for creating the record?

The ID of the created record should be returned by the function that performs the creation.

If you are using REST there is a good example here: Rest example

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:23 PM
  • Hi MarcoPierobon,

I am Creating a record from dialog, not through script.

Friday, August 30, 2013 11:21 AM
  • What does "Inside that dialog i am creating a new record. this is d<dfn class="dictionary-of-numbers" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;outline:0px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;font-size:14.399999618530273px;line-height:normal;">one by using javascript</dfn>." mean than?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Hi Marco,

There is onestep in dialog like CreateRecord. I am creting record there. I want to use that guid id in script. I am opening that dialog through script. After completion of that dialog i want to use created Record Id. This is my question.....

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:29 PM