windows 7 and One care recovery problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently bought a new laptop which has windows 7 installed. I have tried to reistall Onecare but it is not compatable with Windows 7. I have tried the recovery link on the website and it dispalys a message saying 'onecareBackupRestore(1).exe is not a not a valid win32 application' how can i get my backed up files from my external hardrive to my laptop restored without the onecare back up? 
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Download the restore tool from the link in this post - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/e5d686c8-762b-4b22-bc08-bfb93f911e57 save it to your desktop, then run it.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 3:41 PM
  • If you downloaded the file from the link Jim posted, and you received the error that you posted, that sounds like your download was corrupt. The restore tool will install on Windows 7.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 8, 2010 12:51 PM
  • Thank you Jim, however i saved it to the desk top and attempted to run it still no luck.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 6:51 PM
  • Thank you Stephen, i still recieve the same message, i have tried the website and the link and I can tget it to run so how do I avoid a curupt down load since i recieve the same message when i try to download itunes.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 6:53 PM
  • Thank you Stephen, i still recieve the same message, i have tried the website and the link and I can tget it to run so how do I avoid a curupt down load since i recieve the same message when i try to download itunes.

Very odd. The best I can suggest is that you reach out to support for help on this - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 15, 2010 1:33 AM