how to get Sync Fx to use the primary key when generating RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on figuring out how to consolidate an old system into a new system.  The old system was hundreds of independant RDBMS at customer sites, the new system is a centrally hosted Sql Server.  In my proof of concept, I have created a customer table in the 'old system' which contains: customer_id (int), customer_name (varchar), sales_person (varchar), and customer_type(varchar).

The old system currently uses 32-bit int's as PKID's through out the system.  It is guaranteed that each client of ours will have a customer_id of 1, so...  the 'new system' will have a place keeper for the customer_id, but it's REAL primary key will be an uniqueidentifier, so it looks like this:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[CUSTOMER](
    	[UUID] [uniqueidentifier] NOT NULL,
    	[CUSTOMER_ID] [int] NULL,
    	[CUSTOMER_NAME] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
    	[SALES_PERSON] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
    	[CUSTOMER_TYPE] [nvarchar](100) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
    (
    	[UUID] ASC
    )WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
    ) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[CUSTOMER] ADD  DEFAULT (newid()) FOR [UUID]
    GO

Then I ran a little program to have SqlSyncScopeProvisioning.Apply() create the tracking table for this CUSTOMER table.  Since I need to tweak all the stored proc's to handle my unique situation, I when in and looked at them...  They all are using CUSTOMER_ID as the primary key, not uuid.

Why?  How do I fix this without changing the name of CUSTOMER_ID?  the name UUID can change, just not the other columns, or at least I would prefer for them not to change.

Sam

P.S.  I do know a column is needed to differenciate between our different clients, I am trying to take this one baby step at a time.

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:11 PM

All replies