I purchased a new OneCare rather than renew. How do I enter the new product key to activate RRS feed

• Question

• I want to simply enter a new product key for a new OneCare that I purchased.  How do I do that?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:57 PM

Answers

• To renew your subscription using a product key go to billing - https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

sign in using the Live ID and password associated with your subscription, select your One Care subscription and select "Renew this service". You will see the option to enter a product key or token.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:05 PM

All replies

• To renew your subscription using a product key go to billing - https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

sign in using the Live ID and password associated with your subscription, select your One Care subscription and select "Renew this service". You will see the option to enter a product key or token.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:05 PM
  • When I put in the new number, will todays date be the new expiration date? or will the expiration move out one year from the previous expiration?

Bob

mrbob2000@msn.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:45 AM
  • Hello Bob, I believe renewal is effective as of the date your current subscription expired.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:03 AM
  • Jim is correct, but the display can be a bit confusing. If I recall correctly, I believe the online billing system will refelect the correct future date, but the local PC still indicates the original expiration date until the renewal date passes, then it switches to the correct future date.

Since I did this a few months ago now, I could have this reversed, but as long as the 25 character key is accepted and shows the new date in at least one place, everything should be fine when the renewal date passes and it updates to a year in the future.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:55 AM