Product activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have boot camp installed on a new IMAC.

I have followed the link to purchase new product at microsoft.

But the key will not activate windows.

I have only few days left what can I do?

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:34 PM

Answers

• Jan Mikael,

If Windows is installed and can connect to the internet, please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:42 PM
  • Thanks
    I have a problem that windows restarts with blue screen, hope to solv this when i can upgrade windows. ,o)

Here we go, the information you asked for, hope that you can help.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: (i have deleted this)

Windows Product Key Hash: (i have deleted this)
    Windows Product ID: 76381-OEM-2111907-00117
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: 483abfa3-e12a-40a6-8bb1-4d305ed331e4
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Programmer\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>483abfa3-e12a-40a6-8bb1-4d305ed331e4</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-9HR23</PKey><PID>76381-OEM-2111907-00117</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1972579041-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Apple Computer, Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>iMac5,1</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Apple Computer, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>    IM51.88Z.0090.B03.0610121400</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061012000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>FSC SYSTEM, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FSC SYSTEM</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>B85E3F770184C07B</HWID><UserLCID>0406</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0406</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Rom, normaltid(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Fujitsu Siemens Computers</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:33 PM
  • IMAC only let you install windows in SP2 version!

You can NOT install windows SP1 and then upgrade, this is not possible with BOOT CAMP.

I have only windows CD´s with SP1 and my actionpack is 64 BIT windows witch also not perform with boot camp.

I then have burrowed a windows CD next door nabour and purchased a new license direct of windows site.

The product key will still not regitrate?

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:38 PM
  • Jan Mikael,

You are trying to install a Fujitsu-Siemens OEM SLP license for XP Home onto a computer that is NOT the Fujitsu-Siemens computer on which the license was first installed.  This is a violation of the OEM End User Licesning Agreement (EULA).  OEM licenses are valid ONLY on the computer onto which they are first installed and they are NOT permitted to be moved to any other computer.

In order to use Boot Camp, at a minimum you will need (copied from http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/):

• Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.6 or later (check Software Update)
    • The latest firmware updates (check Support Page)
    • 10GB free hard disk space
    • An Intel-based Mac
    • A blank recordable CD or DVD
    • A printer for the instructions (You’ll want to print them before installing Windows, really.)
    • A bona fide full version of Microsoft Windows: XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2, WIndows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate. (No upgrade or multi-disc versions).

So you will need to purchase a full retail license for the edition of XP you want to run with Bootcamp.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:37 PM
  • Ok thanks (then I am almost a criminal...)
      I have always heard that the license is the stamp (registration key) on the package and the software on the CD is the same on every CD.

I now have 3 licenses for windows XP NOT IN USE (but they are SP1) and also I am in the action pack program.

Anyways, I will wait for the CD sendt from Microsoft and install windows ower again.

/JNM

Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Jan Mikael,

If I remember correctly, Action Pack licenses are full retail licenses so they meet the qualifications to use with Bootcamp.  If the problem is just that the CDs are only at the Service Pack 1 level, that can be very easily addressed by using a very handy free utility called Autostreamer:  http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562  I've used it many times and can tell you that it works great with genuine Microsoft retail and systembuilder/OEM XP CDROMs.  It does not work with manufacturer recovery-type CDs nor with the standard Dell OS Reinstallation CD.

Monday, May 14, 2007 12:02 AM

All replies

• Jan Mikael,

If Windows is installed and can connect to the internet, please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:42 PM
  • Thanks
    I have a problem that windows restarts with blue screen, hope to solv this when i can upgrade windows. ,o)

Here we go, the information you asked for, hope that you can help.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: (i have deleted this)

Windows Product Key Hash: (i have deleted this)
    Windows Product ID: 76381-OEM-2111907-00117
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: 483abfa3-e12a-40a6-8bb1-4d305ed331e4
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Programmer\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>483abfa3-e12a-40a6-8bb1-4d305ed331e4</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-9HR23</PKey><PID>76381-OEM-2111907-00117</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1972579041-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Apple Computer, Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>iMac5,1</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Apple Computer, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>    IM51.88Z.0090.B03.0610121400</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061012000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>FSC SYSTEM, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FUJITSU SIEMENS, FSC SYSTEM</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>B85E3F770184C07B</HWID><UserLCID>0406</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0406</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Rom, normaltid(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Fujitsu Siemens Computers</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:33 PM
  • IMAC only let you install windows in SP2 version!

You can NOT install windows SP1 and then upgrade, this is not possible with BOOT CAMP.

I have only windows CD´s with SP1 and my actionpack is 64 BIT windows witch also not perform with boot camp.

I then have burrowed a windows CD next door nabour and purchased a new license direct of windows site.

The product key will still not regitrate?

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:38 PM
  • Jan Mikael,

You are trying to install a Fujitsu-Siemens OEM SLP license for XP Home onto a computer that is NOT the Fujitsu-Siemens computer on which the license was first installed.  This is a violation of the OEM End User Licesning Agreement (EULA).  OEM licenses are valid ONLY on the computer onto which they are first installed and they are NOT permitted to be moved to any other computer.

In order to use Boot Camp, at a minimum you will need (copied from http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/):

• Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.6 or later (check Software Update)
    • The latest firmware updates (check Support Page)
    • 10GB free hard disk space
    • An Intel-based Mac
    • A blank recordable CD or DVD
    • A printer for the instructions (You’ll want to print them before installing Windows, really.)
    • A bona fide full version of Microsoft Windows: XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2, WIndows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate. (No upgrade or multi-disc versions).

So you will need to purchase a full retail license for the edition of XP you want to run with Bootcamp.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:37 PM
  • Ok thanks (then I am almost a criminal...)
      I have always heard that the license is the stamp (registration key) on the package and the software on the CD is the same on every CD.

I now have 3 licenses for windows XP NOT IN USE (but they are SP1) and also I am in the action pack program.

Anyways, I will wait for the CD sendt from Microsoft and install windows ower again.

/JNM

Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Jan Mikael,

If I remember correctly, Action Pack licenses are full retail licenses so they meet the qualifications to use with Bootcamp.  If the problem is just that the CDs are only at the Service Pack 1 level, that can be very easily addressed by using a very handy free utility called Autostreamer:  http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562  I've used it many times and can tell you that it works great with genuine Microsoft retail and systembuilder/OEM XP CDROMs.  It does not work with manufacturer recovery-type CDs nor with the standard Dell OS Reinstallation CD.

Monday, May 14, 2007 12:02 AM