CRM 4 - Deployment Manager, Step 5d fails not recognising the Org database RRS feed

• Question

• A client is running through a disaster recovery process which involves using the Microsoft  KB process to restore the database with Deployment Manager.

Other test Dynamics CRM databases restore no problem, but upon trying to import the live ORG through Deployment Manager (Step 5d) it fails as it is not recognising the database as a Org database.

Any ideas what could be causing this.  We have added a few tables to assist with migrating some data but clearly we haven't touched the CRM database objects in any way so I don't see how extra tables would impact things.

Beyond that, where should I look for a solution.

• Changed type Gordon Johnston Friday, December 17, 2010 5:38 PM Added as Discussion in error.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Gordon, I think the CRM Deployment Manager usually produces a log file with more detailed information about the error and the step that failed. Is a log file being produced, if so, what's the error?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:52 PM
  • P.S. You should change your post type from 'Discussion' to 'Question' since you're asking a question. Lots of potentially helpful answerers don't read discussion posts.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, December 17, 2010 2:53 PM
  • Have asked the client for the log file but haven't had a response.  I'm breaking off on holiday now but will monitor my email and the discussion so if I can report back with something more specific I will.

Thanks.

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:40 PM