Accessing Saved views using custom ribbon button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

On Click on one custom ribbon 'saved views' under view tab i wnat to access Saved views created by user which are present in Advance find.

In function im opening the Advance find URL , but requirement is that on click of custom button it should directly open saved views page.

How to achieve this?

TIA.

Monday, March 3, 2014 10:17 AM

All replies

• You can open the list of all Save Views but I'm not aware of any way to show just the saved views related to the entity as in Advanced Find.

In order to show the list of "My Active Saved Views" list, open the following URL

http://mycrm/myOrg/main.aspx?pagetype=entitylist&etc=4230&viewid=%7b75506B19-5A70-4926-9439-D1DC9C319051%7d

where entity type code 4230 is UserQuery entity. (which is saved views)

and viewid is for "My Active Saved Views". (if you want other viewid, read how to Copy the URL for a View)

Read more details in Open Forms, Views, Dialogs and Reports with a URL for opening the view with a URL.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:32 AM
  • If you only want to use custom data view to filter data, I think you can use OOB feature to implement it. There are two level you can choose: 1) define system level view 2) define user level view. After you created those data view, you can switch them in data list page.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:45 AM
  • When we click on Advance find , we have a button saved views on the ribbon , so when clicked that it will list the personal views that user has created. My requirment is that when i click on custom button it shoud directly open the page where saved views are listed(personal views , not the result) i.e we want to reduce one button click.

I have gone thr Open forms link but there its shows how to open an view URL but not the button clicked.

• Edited by Jyothi BVL Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:56 AM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:50 AM
  • Ok, you want to use clicking button to pop a window to show filtered data according created dataview. You can use Ribbon Workbench For 2013(http://www.develop1.net/public/Download%20Ribbon%20Workbench%202013.aspx) to create a custom button, and add a click hander to the created button. you can write the handler as following:

function click_event()

{

Windows.open( Data View URL)

}

• Proposed as answer by Chen Xiong Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:14 AM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:15 AM
  • Can you open up "My Active Saved Views" list instead of trying to open up the Advanced Find page and clicking the button to show saved personal views?

http://mycrm/myOrg/main.aspx?pagetype=entitylist&etc=4230&viewid=%7b75506B19-5A70-4926-9439-D1DC9C319051%7d

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:40 AM
  • Thanks Linn it worked , but now i have a new problem. Its listing all the views created by user as well service account , i want to make two more changes.

1. Only User created (specific) views should be shown

2. The view link ,when clicked is not opening any form ,but its clickable ,but when owner name clicked then its opening user form. So now its just listing the view names only.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:54 AM
  • For that case, I think it's better to go with your previous approach.

I tried to trigger the button click function after opening up the window but it was not successful.

I'm out of idea for your requirement. Sorry.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:32 PM