Thank you Mesh Team - The story of how you saved me RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just wanted to write to you guys and hopefully lend some warm-fuzzies when you have the development blues.

This past weekend, my desktop computer went up in flames.  Not literal flames, the metaphorical ones for when its just easier to reformat a computer rather than fix the problems and resolve the symptoms.  I think we've all been there at some point.  (On a side note; check the reliability of open-source projects before you install them)

Now normally, all hell would be breaking loose.  I mainly use my desktop for my programming work, especially my school work.  Among the projects on there is a web-site we're creating in class that we've been building on for the past 2 months or so.  Also on there was a D&D campaign I've been working on; about a month of work (I wear my dork badge proudly!).

Taking all my other work into consideration, that's an estimated 6 months of work down the drain.  But (and I'm sure you saw this coming by now), I was Meshing all those folders.  Instead of losing all the work, I have a copy on my laptop.  And thats the best part in my opinion: It's already there.  Unlike other online storage sites, I don't need to download my work again from a website.  I can continue my school work without a single blip in productivity.

Thanks so much for Mesh!  Know that your efforts are not in vain and, if I can speak for everyone, we all appreciate your hard work.

- Joshua
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshua,

Thank you very much for sharing your story with us.  I've sent your post to the whole Live Mesh team, as I know everyone will appreciate hearing that our work made a difference for you.

Thank you for using Live Mesh!

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:26 PM