none
"MIcrosoft Partners" tag in the user profile display RRS feed

• Question

• I am just wondering how forum users are getting "Microsoft Partners" tag with there user profile even if they start as fresh user in the forum and users who are around here for a while are not having the tag?

Does anyone have any idea?
    MCP & MCTS [WSS 3.0/MOSS] Visit: http://yagyashree.wordpress.com/
    Monday, August 3, 2009 6:09 PM

Answers

• yagyashree -

I believe that gets added to your profile automatically depending on if the account you're using is registered as such with Microsoft.

In other words - if your email is Test@hotmail.com and that account is registered with Microsoft as belonging to a company that is a Microsoft Partner, it's automatically added.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 7:13 PM
  • There's a sync process in the backend that ties the live id being used in Forums v.s. Partner Portal. The key here is making sure that the live ID account used is the same in both areas/web applications.

Regarding users that still show the affiliation "Microsoft Partner" after leaving their company, this could be caused by various reasons/factors:

1) Live ID used hasn't updated in the Partner Portal - usually this takes 48 hours to get updated in Forums
    2) There's an issue with the sync process between the Partner portal v.s. Forums where it doesn't get updated - This, I'll follow-up with.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, August 3, 2009 9:45 PM
  • 2 things:

Live ID:

- You can create a live ID account using a non Live E-mail domain such as gmail.com, yourcompany.com, etc... (This is besides hotmail or live.com). Other Community Members prefer this so that alerts (notifications to thread updates) gets sent directly to their preferred e-mail address.

Associate Partners:

- I'm not the expert on the Partner Portal Web site. But from a high level, users can register their live id account (whether it be a live or non live e-mail) in the partner program. Once they do this, our backend servers will automatically check if the account used in Forums is the same account used to register in the Partner Program, if so, then the partner affiliation shows up in Forums.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:21 PM

All replies

• yagyashree -

I believe that gets added to your profile automatically depending on if the account you're using is registered as such with Microsoft.

In other words - if your email is Test@hotmail.com and that account is registered with Microsoft as belonging to a company that is a Microsoft Partner, it's automatically added.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 7:13 PM
  • i am sure i have examples of user who are not in microsoft partner company but they still have it displaying.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 8:20 PM
  • There's a sync process in the backend that ties the live id being used in Forums v.s. Partner Portal. The key here is making sure that the live ID account used is the same in both areas/web applications.

Regarding users that still show the affiliation "Microsoft Partner" after leaving their company, this could be caused by various reasons/factors:

1) Live ID used hasn't updated in the Partner Portal - usually this takes 48 hours to get updated in Forums
    2) There's an issue with the sync process between the Partner portal v.s. Forums where it doesn't get updated - This, I'll follow-up with.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, August 3, 2009 9:45 PM
  • If i am correct all the user who are logged into MSDN or TECHNET are using hotmail or live ids. So how come there company can use these id to associate as partners?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:15 PM
  • 2 things:

Live ID:

- You can create a live ID account using a non Live E-mail domain such as gmail.com, yourcompany.com, etc... (This is besides hotmail or live.com). Other Community Members prefer this so that alerts (notifications to thread updates) gets sent directly to their preferred e-mail address.

Associate Partners:

- I'm not the expert on the Partner Portal Web site. But from a high level, users can register their live id account (whether it be a live or non live e-mail) in the partner program. Once they do this, our backend servers will automatically check if the account used in Forums is the same account used to register in the Partner Program, if so, then the partner affiliation shows up in Forums.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:21 PM