locked
CRM 2011 for outlook - stop sync of contacts RRS feed

  • Question

  • We updated from crm4 to crm2011 and after we installed the new outlook clients it started to sync the contacts,
    to make it stop we turn the rule of my contacts in the crm to not active and in the settings screen under outlook tab
    we change the "set schedule for address book synchronization in microsoft dynamic crm for outlook is set to No" to No

    The contacts are still syncing but now they have a regular icon instated of the crm icon, what are we doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan 

    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Make sure that all Outlook Synchronization filter (Click on File->CRM-> Synchronize->Outlook Filters) for Contact is Inactive .


    Jehanzeb Javeed

    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:14 PM
  • I think I've got this one figured... I had two sets of filters on Outlook Filters: one was My Contacts which I had set to apply to all contacts in the system which are Active and Contain data.  However, I also had a second Inactive filter called AllContacts which was set to be for all contacts in the system.  I've since deleted the second filter and it seems to work fine.

    I'm suspecting that the issue here is that the CRM client receives a contact as it matches the filter but because it also matches a filter which is inactive it rejects it and doesn't sync.  Sounds a bit daft to me but it might be the problem.  I did patch to Rollup 4 as well, but that in itself didn't fix the issue

    Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:48 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Make sure that all Outlook Synchronization filter (Click on File->CRM-> Synchronize->Outlook Filters) for Contact is Inactive .


    Jehanzeb Javeed

    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:14 PM
  • it's on inacive (there only 1 filter on contact - "my contacts").

    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

    I would sugget you to perform a test case:

    1. Create new Contact in Dynamics CRM, syncronize Outlook with CRM

    2. Check if the new Contact is created into the Outlook

    May be the new contatcs will not synchronize but you are facing the issue with the exsisting syncronize contacts because they may be already tracked (try untracking the contact and synchronize again)


    Jehanzeb Javeed

    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:27 PM
  • I am seeing the same issue... our Exchange server is based in Sydney (I am in London) but my colleagues based both in London and Sydney are not seeing any issue.  We have a mixture of Outlook 2007 and 2011 - I am running 2007; users have it working on both environments.

    I did previously edit the Outlook filter but believe I have it correct now... I want it to sync all Active contacts.

     

    What I can't figure out is that it seems to know what to download but it's determined to not recognise it as being a CRM-based contact

     Thanks in advance for any further help here

    NB. I have just installed Rollup 4 and it makes no difference

     

    Darren

    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:53 PM
  • I think I've got this one figured... I had two sets of filters on Outlook Filters: one was My Contacts which I had set to apply to all contacts in the system which are Active and Contain data.  However, I also had a second Inactive filter called AllContacts which was set to be for all contacts in the system.  I've since deleted the second filter and it seems to work fine.

    I'm suspecting that the issue here is that the CRM client receives a contact as it matches the filter but because it also matches a filter which is inactive it rejects it and doesn't sync.  Sounds a bit daft to me but it might be the problem.  I did patch to Rollup 4 as well, but that in itself didn't fix the issue

    Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:48 PM