McAfee RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am having performance issues with my WHS. I have read some posts that perhaps McAfee may be responsible. Can someone tell me how I can remove McAfee from my WHS?

Thanks...

John

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:38 PM

Answers

• glasgowboy said:

Hi, I am having performance issues with my WHS. I have read some posts that perhaps McAfee may be responsible. Can someone tell me how I can remove McAfee from my WHS?

Thanks...

John

It should be an add-in in the Console.  Just remove it through the Console (and I would suggest a reboot for good measure) although if you wait for a little while, the performance should get back to normal.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:56 PM

All replies

• glasgowboy said:

Hi, I am having performance issues with my WHS. I have read some posts that perhaps McAfee may be responsible. Can someone tell me how I can remove McAfee from my WHS?

Thanks...

John

It should be an add-in in the Console.  Just remove it through the Console (and I would suggest a reboot for good measure) although if you wait for a little while, the performance should get back to normal.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:56 PM
  • I looked in the console window, both under the Settings Menu and the McAfee menu bit there is no option to remove it that I can see. Under the Settings Tab, on the McAfee icon the only option I get is to Schedule a Scan. Under the McAfree icon on the application bar at the top of the console window I get a McAfee total protection service page but again no option to remove it?

Thanks...

John
    Friday, March 20, 2009 11:28 PM
  •  Don't I feel silly, I just checked under the add ins and found an uninstall button. In my own defense however, it is running so slowly that it took 2-3 minutes to shift the application bar to the right so that I could find the Mediasmart Icon...

thanks...

John

Friday, March 20, 2009 11:33 PM