Onecare wont allow Hollander Ebooks to work RRS feed

• Question

•  

For some reason, the program Hollander Ebook will not work when the OneCare is on. I have tryed turning it off and it works. Also we have put in certain folders so it will alow Hollander to work but it still doesnt work. If you could give me an answer to my problem that would be great!!

Melissa

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you turning off the OneCare firewall or virus and spyware protection in order for the Ebook program to work?

I suggest contacting support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:50 AM
  • Yes, I have to turn off the virus and spyware protection to get my Ebook program to work. I have tryed support. I am thinking that if my Windows OneCare isn't fully subscribed and I only have the trial version, I didnt know if that would be the problem or not. If you could help me that would be great. Thanks

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:40 PM
  • The trial and the activated software are one and the same, so that would not be the issue.

Go ahead and open a support case as a Trial user per the instructions in the FAQ. I don't know why the virus and spyware protection would affect the use of the software, but perhaps a component of the Hollander software is exhibiting behavior that OneCare's protection sees as "virus-like" activity.

Two things you can try (one at a time)

Open OneCare, click change settings, go to the virus and spyware tab.

1. uncheck the box for also monitor for virus-like behavior.

2. Click the exclusions button and add the folder where the Hollander Ebook software is installed.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:16 PM