Lost RAR/ZIP file RRS feed

• Question

• I drag and drop a file onto a zip/rar folder. A compression window appeared and I got pissed off since it took too long so I closed it. Then I just realized that the zip/rar folder is now lost. I have important files there. Can I still recover it? I used recuva file recovery but it can't detect the the zip/rar folder name nor any of files inside that folder.

I'm not a tech geek so please easen up on the jargon. Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:38 AM

Answers

• I drag and drop a file onto a zip/rar folder. A compression window appeared and I got pissed off since it took too long so I closed it. Then I just realized that the zip/rar folder is now lost. I have important files there. Can I still recover it? I used recuva file recovery but it can't detect the the zip/rar folder name nor any of files inside that folder.

I'm not a tech geek so please easen up on the jargon. Thanks!

Hi,

This is the forum for Windows Home Server. If you are using Windows Home Server, can you provide a little more information regarding how you are dragging and dropping the files from your server to your PC? If you are not using Windows Home Server, you would probably find more assistance in either the Windows Vista forums or the Windows XP Newsgroups.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:55 AM