none
Whats the deal with the MCP store online? RRS feed

• Question

• I got my first certification 5 months ago. I studied hard for it and wanted to show off my accomplishments by wearing a shirt to my work. When I first got my MCP number and logins, I went straight to the store only to find out they only carry XXL shirts and womens in stock. I was a bummed but I figured I'd wait a week to check again. 5 months have now gone by and I have gotten 2 other certifications. Now when I visit the MCP store, there is NOTHING in stock. Not even then XXXL or womens. What is the deal? Is the MCP store being discontinued or something? 5 months of no inventory is a pretty strong hint that something isn't right here. 

This is the link I am using

https://shop.ecompanystore.com/MCPeStore

Is this just the wrong link? I hate to look like I am a bother but 5 months of no inventory? And thats just the 5 months I've been checking, who knows how long before that. From the looks of it, it seems that Microsoft Certs are going downhill? Time to rethink the integrity of this program? I know that's a strong statement just for a lack of shirts but if MS doesn't really care for its MCP's after they take the exams then it seems as if it just about bringing in the money and not for the examiner's benefit at all.

Anyone have any info on this?

Friday, August 12, 2011 6:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, I don't have any information on the store, but that is a good point. Have you tried contacting Microsoft specifically about it? This is their contact email customercare@ecompanystore.com I would try that
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:07 PM
  • I've been a MCT for nearly 10 years and the store has been light on for most of those years.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:25 AM
  • Use their Contact Us link to let them know the size you want, and the product number. They can probably get it for you. No point waiting silently. :)
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:15 AM
  • @ StephieM: that is the most convenient method for contacting somebody regarding the inconvenience happening :)
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:41 AM
  • Forget about that store. I got a couple of shirts from there, the blue oxford frayed with the first couple of wearings.

In Feb of 2011, they told me the new web site would be up and running by April and they have been telling me new dates since then. I've given up on them. I wish MS would shut them down and give the business to someone competent. I had some made by a large mail-order company. They did a great job, but it wasn't cheap.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:31 PM