Licensing RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am new to this system builders with OPKM'Ks OS and Office

My question is how can I get Licensing stickers for the units I build? I have tried searching and keep getting the loop to buy from local builders, but I am one. Please contact me via my email address registered to my account and let me know how I can get these for my customers. As contacting other local builders they tell me I can buy them directly from Microsoft, but MS says I need to go threw them. Talk about a never ending loop.

Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:17 AM

Answers

• Dear MNHawk,

Thank you for you post. I would have replied to your personal email address but there isn't one listed for this account. I'm sorry that I don't have more information for you but this question is out of the scope of this forum.

I recomend asking a local System Builder for the name of their Microsoft contact. Another option is to view the System Builder information at the Microsoft Partner Center at http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/public/seo/licensing.htm.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Beth

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:33 PM
  • Beth,

I am already signed up with both, and have been for some time now. As for the email, I corrected that. I have tried to use others contacts, but that didn't work well. Infact a few of them lost their inside contact due to it. I did go threw the system builders and Partner special sites, and they just direct me to the same Non Responding 7 3rd party suppliers (4 months now and still none of them have responded). The one that I had been using, has jacked their prices up so high, that I don't want to deal with them any more as it's almost cheaper for me to just go buy a Retail Box.
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:37 PM
  • Dear MNHawk,

I contacted the Microsoft sales information. They gave me this link https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40012335?PS=3 to provide you with a list of distributors. Hopefully one of them is able to provide you with a solution.

Regards,

Beth

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:09 AM
  • Beth,

Between the two lists, there is only one that is different. And the reason that one was not contacted is due to they deal with Servers ONLY even states this in their link from the Partner site (Servers ONLY):

Avnet Partner Solutions General Information:
    • Avnet Partner Solutions is a value-added distributor and provider of enterprise servers, storage, software, and services.

But I will still try to conatact them and see if I cna get lucky as the other list (of 7 thridparty suppliers) have not returned anything in months. Honestly it's sad that I get faster replies here then I do on the Technet or System builders forum.

I do thank you for your time into this issue.

Best wishes,

Mark's Auto & Custom

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:16 AM

All replies

• Dear MNHawk,

Thank you for you post. I would have replied to your personal email address but there isn't one listed for this account. I'm sorry that I don't have more information for you but this question is out of the scope of this forum.

I recomend asking a local System Builder for the name of their Microsoft contact. Another option is to view the System Builder information at the Microsoft Partner Center at http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/public/seo/licensing.htm.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Beth

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:33 PM
  • Beth,

I am already signed up with both, and have been for some time now. As for the email, I corrected that. I have tried to use others contacts, but that didn't work well. Infact a few of them lost their inside contact due to it. I did go threw the system builders and Partner special sites, and they just direct me to the same Non Responding 7 3rd party suppliers (4 months now and still none of them have responded). The one that I had been using, has jacked their prices up so high, that I don't want to deal with them any more as it's almost cheaper for me to just go buy a Retail Box.
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:37 PM
  • Dear MNHawk,

I contacted the Microsoft sales information. They gave me this link https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40012335?PS=3 to provide you with a list of distributors. Hopefully one of them is able to provide you with a solution.

Regards,

Beth

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:09 AM
  • Beth,

Between the two lists, there is only one that is different. And the reason that one was not contacted is due to they deal with Servers ONLY even states this in their link from the Partner site (Servers ONLY):

Avnet Partner Solutions General Information:
    • Avnet Partner Solutions is a value-added distributor and provider of enterprise servers, storage, software, and services.

But I will still try to conatact them and see if I cna get lucky as the other list (of 7 thridparty suppliers) have not returned anything in months. Honestly it's sad that I get faster replies here then I do on the Technet or System builders forum.

I do thank you for your time into this issue.

Best wishes,

Mark's Auto & Custom

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:16 AM