question about synchronizing tasks while traveling RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following situation: I am working with a company i Europe and connect to their CRM system (either through a web browser, IE), or through an Outlook client. I have 2 computers: A desktop computer that is set up as the synchronizing client, and a laptop. Under normal circumstances the two machines work nicely together, I can use either one and the changes (for example added tasks) show up on the other within a minute or so.

Things seem to change when I am traveling. I am not keeping my desktop running when I am away, and I noticed the following:

When using the laptop on the road, I can connect to the CRM server and pretty much continue where I left off. I can work on contacts, write emails, track them, etc. However, new tasks that are assigned to me from someone else (for example the office got a call to contact someone and assigned me a task to do so) do not seem to be arriving at my laptop.

I just had that happen. I was traveling for a couple of weeks and thought I had everything nicely done while on the road. Then I turn on my desktop, and dozens of tasks pop up that were assigned to me, but never made it to my laptop's outlook tasks.

It seems as if the new tasks are only synchronized with the desktop (which is the synchronizing client), and if that is not running, they are in limbo until the desktop connects again. That's not what I want when I am on the road. How do I avoid that?

Sunday, May 31, 2015 2:30 PM

All replies

• Nobody has this problem?

I was able to switch the synchronizing client by deleting the CRM server connection on both computers and then setting it up again (with the configuration wizard). I did that first for the desktop, then for the laptop. When I did that for the laptop, I was asked if I wanted it as the synchronization client. That did the trick.

However, now I have the opposite situation and cannot switch back (except, I suppose by doing what I did again). Is there really no easier solution?

Saturday, June 13, 2015 1:31 AM