none
Criteria for MCC (Microsoft Community Contributor) Award RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know, how MCC awards are given ? I mean, what criterias are used ? Does some one have to be a MS partner to become MCC ? who decides that, award should go to particular person ? is ther any voting system ?

I have seen people with few hundreds of points as MCC where as people with few thousand recognition points still do not have MCC tagged to them.

I hope, my questions are not offensive to any one reading this post. I am just curious to know the on goings.

~ Knowledge Seeker

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe the exact rules are not disclosed, but the awarded person has to somehow got noticed by MS employee(s) and (OR) MVP(s) who can recommend this person.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:47 PM
  • I believe the exact rules are not disclosed, but the awarded person has to somehow got noticed by MS employee(s) and (OR) MVP(s) who can recommend this person.

My blog

Well, thats helps ;-) Not a perfect answer though :-)

By the way, one question particularly to you. You do not sleep or what ? I see your replies 24/7, 365 days :-)

~ Knowledge Seeker

• Edited by Jayawardhane Monday, February 13, 2012 11:59 PM typographical error
    Monday, February 13, 2012 11:57 PM
  • :) I sleep ~7h. every day and I don't work on Saturday.

My blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:02 AM
  • :) I sleep ~7h. every day and I don't work on Saturday.

My blog

Keep up the good work. Hats Off to you :)

~ Knowledge Seeker

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:06 AM
  • Take a look at this TechNet Wiki Post - it will give you some more insight into criteria for the MCC program.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4827.how-to-become-an-mvp-or-mcc.aspx

I hope this helps,

Craig

Senior Systems Engineer / SharePoint Architect | MSDN Profile | Blog | Twitter
    Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 Recipient

• Marked as answer by Jayawardhane Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:21 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:13 AM
  • HI K Seeker !

You might need to have a look at below threads;

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/40bab458-e007-421e-80ae-90652d4f8a4f/#c5527664-1526-4728-9eaf-44f985dc5cb6

https://www.microsoftcommunitycontributor.com/faq.aspx

This has been answered by MCC Award Panel already.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham

• Marked as answer by Jayawardhane Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:06 AM
  • Hello Craig, Hasham

Thanks for the information.

Picture is clear now :) !

~ Knowledge Seeker

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:23 AM
  • One thing I have not seen noted is that the award is not available to government employees.

I got the MCC email in January 2011, and when I went to claim the award, I was told "oops, sorry"

Karl

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:24 PM
  • It's really sad that, most of the well deserved people doesn't get MCC and MS is not ready to reveal any information on criteria.

I am a regular visitor of technet forums and I have seen certain individuals replying to posts almost 24X7 and their points and medals shows their contribution towards community but still those poor guys ( not economically ;-)) don't have MCC tagged !

I seriously feel there should be a fair and transparent way of nominating MCC candidates and there shouldn't be any step motherly treatment while deciding who would be eligible for the award.

Another observation is, some of the well deserved individuals leaving the forum without getting noticed ! NOT receiving MCC award might be one of the main reason for that !!

@ Moderators, MVPs and MS,

This is a amazing place for tech queries, no doubt about it. However, please open up your eyes and give individual fair treatment those who really contribute. Don't make contributors vanish from this forum without a trace. Because these are the contributors who relieve at least 50-70% of moderators work of replying to threads and deal with noobs !!! 

I really feel sorry for you :(

By the way, I AM NOT hoping for any MCC award though :-))

Don't be a prick ! Be reasonable and provide your feedback. Say something whether the suggestion was helpful or not, mark a reply as answer or click on to vote helpful if any suggestion really helps you, don't leave that choice to moderators, let the credit go to a contributor who has invested his precious time on your questions. Please be informed that, moderators are also humans and they also make mistakes ;-) Last but not the least, Unmark as answer if any post doesn't answer your question/s !!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:00 AM
  • That's OK, I was honored to be awarded the MCC :)

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:06 PM
  • There are indications that the program is migrating to a "no-nomination" process, based possibly on objective statistics. See Ed Price's recent reply in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/ad1966ec-165c-48d9-aa19-94e806d61e29

The transition is taking longer than anticipated, which may explain why some people have not be renamed recently. No word yet on how much they will make public.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:36 PM