none
problem in using IPv6 RRS feed

• Question

• windows xp SP2 help and support says  about IPv6

"The IPv6 software supplied in this release contains prerelease code and is not intended for commercial use. This software is made available for research, development, and testing only and must never be used in a production environment. Microsoft is not responsible for your use of the code or for the results from your use of the code, and Microsoft does not provide any level of technical support for IPv6 in this release "

but in the implementation of conference xp it is required to use IPv6

can anyone help me with its implementation

Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:26 PM

All replies

• well ipv6 is a protocol. The software microsoft people are talking about is an interpreter or converter to convert ipv6 addressing scheme to present worlds ipv4 addressing scheme or vice-versa. Hence Microsoft people are certainly not responsible for the protocols working.
    But you certainly can use it for conference XP or anything else.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:54 AM
  • take the advice of sumit. he may help you out.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 5:44 PM
  • hey thanx buddy. Will try my best to help out. :D

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:16 PM
  • thanx 4 the info. But one thing i can't understand is when  and how is the IPV6 address given. As in normal Lan settings we give the TCP/IP address in the properties while setting up the LAN..

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:17 PM
  • hey!
    consider this thing mathematically, IPv6 is nothing but a 128(32 + 32 +32 +32) bit addressing scheme whereas IPv4 is 32(8+8+8+8) bit. Due to success of internet and boom of internet accessing devices, IPv4 was getting exhausted, hence IPv6 is being slowly adopted over the net.

Converting IPv4 to v6 is not a problem at all.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 7:34 AM