Centralised Backup Control RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just noticed, since the last update, that I can now control the backup for each of the machines in my OneCare circle, now that is a good idea! As it happens each machine is set to back up anyway, but well done to the person who thought that one up!

Also noticed that that the isse with the network adapters (if you had more than 1 active network adapter you were automatically set to work which blocked a lot of functions) seems to be sorted, so that's good too!

All I need now is OneCare produce a little pet (I think you call them gophers) to run out to the kitchen and make me a coffee and a bacon sandwich!

Tom

Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:08 PM

All replies

• If you're going to eat bacon sandwiches, Tom, you really need to get up and walk to the kitchen yourself. :-)

Glad to read that the network adapter problem is indeed fixed. I'll have to poke at the backup feature and see the Circle feature in action.

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:09 PM
  • I thought the idea of Onecare was to handle all routine stuff, leaving me to enjoy myself? I thought Microsoft were developing some form of Smart House system? Therefore onecare making a bacon sandwich is just a natural progression?

Tom

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:23 PM
  • Then the next natural progession would be for Onecare to eat the sandwich for you, at which point it might realize it really doesn't need you at all...

OCB

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:02 AM
  • LOL!! - I think this post needs to be locked, as I suspect a full moon is Imminent and this post may get really silly!

Tom

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:32 AM
  • Some silliness is certainly appropriate.  The important part of this thread is the first post, reporting on new and cool functionality.

As for that walk to the kitchen, I'm thinking that you may need some exercise to go along with the bacon sandwich.

-steve

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:46 PM
  • OK - I give in.

To recap.

• Some good new features in onecare that will aid home networks, especially with backups (e.g. ensuring the kids homework is backed up OK).
    • Yes I will walk to the kitchen,
    • To compensate for the extra calories burnt walking to the kitchen that will be 3 rashers not 2

Tom

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:52 PM