Issue with long videos RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I seem to be having a problem importing long mp4 files that have been stitched together in other software. I've tried importing video footage from two hikes that were shot on different GoPro Hero 3 Black cameras. One hike was around 2 hours, and the other around 4 hours.

The video segments from the 2 hour GoPro footage were stitched together in iMovie on my Macbook, and then output as a single 2-hour movie file using the Best Quality setting. The resulting mov file doesn't import into Hyperlapse, so I converted to mp4 using Handbrake. This mp4 file is about 20GB, and imported fine, but during processing, Hyperlapse stalls at 40%, then closes.

Video segments from the 4 hour footage were stitched together in Windows Movie Maker and output as a single 4-hour mp4 file. The same thing happened - Hyperlapse stalled at 40% then closed.

Any suggestions about this?

Thanks

Kenny

Sunday, July 5, 2015 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have exactly the same problem. Movie Maker and iMovie will recompress the video which could be causing problems. I tried using MPEG streamclip, which will just stitch the files together at original framerate and resolution (WMM and iMovie both export max 1080p), so the footage from the Gopro is the same (Enabling you to use the advanced processing). This seems to work OK but it will stall at 60% or 100% if the settings are too high.

For MPEG streamclip go to menu, list, batch list

then add files, choose save as, tick all the boxes, export as mp4. I think there is a youtube vid on it.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:19 AM