network location RRS feed

• Question

• i need to know what to type in the bacup to a net work location.  because this is the only way I can do a backup. my cd and dvd writer is not working.

thank you julie richie
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:01 PM

Answers

• You can disable OneCare backup, you can purchase an inexpensive (relatively so) external hard disk or you can get a replacement CD/DVD burner. If you have another networked PC, you can make a folder on the other PC be the location for your backup from this PC.
    Finally, you can use the instructions Jim has pointed you to if you have a second internal hard drive available.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:26 PM

All replies

• This post may help - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/22258a6a-3e94-4ac2-a3e7-b21683fb913c
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:09 PM
  • You can disable OneCare backup, you can purchase an inexpensive (relatively so) external hard disk or you can get a replacement CD/DVD burner. If you have another networked PC, you can make a folder on the other PC be the location for your backup from this PC.
    Finally, you can use the instructions Jim has pointed you to if you have a second internal hard drive available.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:26 PM
  • thank you! you were very helpful! julie Richie
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:38 AM