Money already running??? RRS feed

• Question

• We had a power outage and the computer shut down with money still open.

Power was restored and I rebooted the computer .  When I tried to open money the dialog box says money is already running.

Is there a way to close money and reopen it?  I can't seem to be able to open any of my backup files.

I copied the file to another computer with money installed and it opened fine.

Many thanks,

Glenda

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:25 PM

Answers

• Yes, I would next try uninstall and reinstall.

If you are running the US Money Sunset version, be sure to also do the mnyob99.dll replacement described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:44 AM
  • running money sunset us version

Friday, September 27, 2019 3:46 PM

All replies

• Two things to check:

- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.  In the processes tab, look for any Microsoft money processes, right click on each, and select End Task

- then look in the folder that contains your Money.mny file, find any files with the name Money.lrd, and delete them.

Money creates a Money.lrd file when Money opens.  It deletes the file when Money closes.  If Windows shuts down unexpectedly with Money running, the Money.lrd file won't be deleted and Money will "think" that it is already running.

Bill Becker

Monday, September 23, 2019 8:11 PM
  • Thanks, Bill.

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I found the program in task manager and turned it off.  Found 1 .lrd file and deleted it.  Tried to open Money but get the same message, "Money already running"

Rebooted the computer, tried again but no success.  thanks for the idea.  The program may be corrupted and maybe uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks,

Glenda

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Yes, I would next try uninstall and reinstall.

If you are running the US Money Sunset version, be sure to also do the mnyob99.dll replacement described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Running Money 2005 UK?
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:48 PM
  • running money sunset us version

Friday, September 27, 2019 3:46 PM
  •  Sorry Cal for the late reply.

The Windows 10 system had gotten so corrupted that I called Dell Tech Support and we ended up having to do a "light reinstall'" of Windows.  User permissions were so bad we had to create a whole new user name and migrate files to it.  It worked and now I have Money running again.  You repeat and repeat to back up your file and fortunately I listened.  Backups are stashed everywhere, disks, thumb drives, my computer at work....

For several months I have been naming them by date to keep them straight.  (Ms Money Backup 09-28-2019 for instance).  So, now I just have to get my computer looking like it used to.

Thanks again.

Glenda Ehrlich

Saturday, September 28, 2019 3:22 PM