"This computer cannot connect to your home server. RRS feed

• Question

• I have had my home server up and running now for 6+ months without any problems. After a restart I can no longer connect to my home server either by rdc or through the home server console. I get this error message everytime I try to connect "This computer cannot connect to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. If your home server has recently restarted, try again in a few minutes." I have run ping on server name and address and both come back fine. I have tried reinstalling the connector software from the server software folder with no luck. I have tried running  discovery from windows server program files with no luck. Please help!!
    Monday, April 6, 2009 12:25 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the help. I contacted the creator and he said that they had this problem with earlier versions on which I had. This is the fix for that problem in case any one else has had the same thing happen to them. http://www.TheOfficeMaven.com/WHSOutlook/WHSOutlookHotFix.html
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:01 AM

All replies

• I have had my home server up and running now for 6+ months without any problems. After a restart I can no longer connect to my home server either by rdc or through the home server console. I get this error message everytime I try to connect "This computer cannot connect to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. If your home server has recently restarted, try again in a few minutes." I have run ping on server name and address and both come back fine. I have tried reinstalling the connector software from the server software folder with no luck. I have tried running  discovery from windows server program files with no luck. Please help!!
    Can you connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor and logon to the server that way?  Did you recently install any add-ins/apps that may have caused a problem?  If you unplug the cable between your modem and router, does it work then?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 3:17 AM
  • I can connect up direct to the server and am able to log on. That is the only way. I cannot log on from any of my clients. I uninstalled outlook for whs. when the server rebooted I could not connect through whs console. I unplugged the modem and still could not connect. Everything was working fine until the uninstall add in reboot. The server still backs up daily. I am still able to use the shared folders to the server on my desktop and can connect remotely on the internet. It just will not let me connet through the clients.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:48 AM
  • I can connect up direct to the server and am able to log on. That is the only way. I cannot log on from any of my clients. I uninstalled outlook for whs. when the server rebooted I could not connect through whs console. I unplugged the modem and still could not connect. Everything was working fine until the uninstall add in reboot. The server still backs up daily. I am still able to use the shared folders to the server on my desktop and can connect remotely on the internet. It just will not let me connet through the clients.
    It sounds to me like the add-in caused your problem.  You should try contacting the creator of the add-in for assistance.  (Otherwise, you are probably looking at a Server Reinstallation.)
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:34 AM
  • Thanks for the help. I contacted the creator and he said that they had this problem with earlier versions on which I had. This is the fix for that problem in case any one else has had the same thing happen to them. http://www.TheOfficeMaven.com/WHSOutlook/WHSOutlookHotFix.html
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:01 AM