registering RRS feed

• General discussion

• I already registered my pc yet I'm getting an urgent action that I need to subscribe. When I type in the key code the message already says it's registered.

Saturday, December 8, 2007 7:03 PM

All replies

• I put the wrong ID into the subscribe line and of course it won't accept it, but no matter what I do I can't change it.  I can't find any help on it either!  mdugaw@hotmail.com

Sunday, December 9, 2007 7:10 AM
  •  Stacihl wrote:
    I already registered my pc yet I'm getting an urgent action that I need to subscribe. When I type in the key code the message already says it's registered.

If OneCare was previously activated and you were upgraded to v2.0, then you have been hit with a profile/server bug that they are working to resolve. Confirm that your account is active by going to http://billing.microsoft.com

If it is activated and active, but OneCare is not seeing this, then either await the server fix - no action on your part, reinstall and activate OneCare (with the same LiveID) or contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:48 PM
  •  mmdugaw wrote:

I put the wrong ID into the subscribe line and of course it won't accept it, but no matter what I do I can't change it.  I can't find any help on it either!  mdugaw@hotmail.com

Cancel the activation process, go to Tools/Internet Options in IE and clear the temporary Internet Files and cookies, then close your browser, and start over.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:50 PM
  • Wow, so simple, I thought it would work.  It didn't.  I still can't get the wrong id out of my subscription box.   any ideas?

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Yes, you're right - too simple.

As I now understand the issue, if you used the trial with LiveID "a" and you now wish to activate with LiveID "b" you are unable to clear the email or LiveID from the form since OneCare in trial mode stored this data. The OneCare team is investigating this. In the meantime, your only solution is to uninstall the trial and reinstall OneCare to activate.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:46 PM