Associated view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I was working with Associate views in crm.I want to customize the associate view bt didn't find anything i want to do.

What i want to do is :

let suppose a entity named account is related to contacts by 1:n relationship and related by one more entity named organisation by n:1 relationship.

In the contacts associate view in  Account i m nt able to add fields of one more related entity ie. organisation.

How can i achieve this ? where the fields of associated view is coded ?

anything that i can do for it  ??

Please help.

Thanks to all   

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:26 AM

Answers

• In CRM 2011, you can add columns to the Contact's associated view that are from the Account entity, including a lookup from the Account to a custom entity (like your "organization" entity). In the customizations area, go to the Contact entity and edit the Associated View. Click on "Add Columns." In the dialog that opens, you can select the entity from which you'd like to add columns. You can choose the "Account (Parent Account)" and then select fields from the parent account record that you'd like displayed in the Contact's associated view.

Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Hi,

You can only add the fields from the parent entity record, i.e. if you have a lookup field of Organization into the Contact entity then only system will allow add the fields from the organization entity into the contact entity view but if you have a lookup field of Contact into the organization then system will not allow you to add field from the Organization entity into the contact entity assosiated view.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi, You can add the columns you want directly in the associated view of contacts. In contacts associated view you can add fields that belong to contact entity only. You cannot add the fields that are related to contact entity.
    • Edited by kishanraj Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:38 AM
  • thanks for reply,

I think , U didn't get my question.

I want the fields of "contact" as well as fields of "organisation" in a associate view .

That may be contact associate view from account entity that should also include the fields of "organisation" entity that is directly related with account only.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi

A associated View would only display all fields from a Single Associated Entity

if you need mulitiple column from  multiple related Entities then you need to

either deploy a custom Page or you can even Create a Custom View

Have a look at this article on Custom View

http://bproud2banindian.blogspot.com/2010/12/use-custom-view-in-in-form-ms-crm-40.html

HTH

dkay

if the response answered your question, please take a minute and mark the response as an answer.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Thanks a lot for reply,

ur direction was rly helpful.

Actually i didn't make the custom view anywhere.

Can u just tell me some easiest way to do it with custom view.

The link u provided in that the coding is complex or i m not able to understand it completely that how can i combine or join the fields of two related entities in asingle associated view.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Hey can u plz tell me that where this function will be attached . lyk at any event or how it will be associated with a particular view.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 12:20 PM
  • Hi

Did this help?

Please make sure to mark as answer to the response that helped you get through. This will help others with similar problem identify the answer and also close this thread as resolved.

Thanks

Dkay

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 2:45 PM
  • In CRM 2011, you can add columns to the Contact's associated view that are from the Account entity, including a lookup from the Account to a custom entity (like your "organization" entity). In the customizations area, go to the Contact entity and edit the Associated View. Click on "Add Columns." In the dialog that opens, you can select the entity from which you'd like to add columns. You can choose the "Account (Parent Account)" and then select fields from the parent account record that you'd like displayed in the Contact's associated view.

Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Thanks for reply,

This will include only the columns of Contact and account . in the same i want to include the field of another related entity ( for  eg. organisation) and there are no such kind of option in that "edit associated view".

?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

You can only add the fields from the parent entity record, i.e. if you have a lookup field of Organization into the Contact entity then only system will allow add the fields from the organization entity into the contact entity view but if you have a lookup field of Contact into the organization then system will not allow you to add field from the Organization entity into the contact entity assosiated view.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Thanks for replying

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:24 AM