Dynamics CRM 2011 script to query SQL server 2008 R2 and create a case... RRS feed

• Question

• Its been a while so it's like  I am starting from scratch once more.

I have created a dialogue that creates a new case based around various options that the user selects, the only issue being I now need to query an, external to CRM, SQL Server database to retrieve some data and update it.  Am I right in thinking I now need to create a client script, javascript etc?  I need the user to run this from a order that is created from anther dialogue.

So where to begin, pointers to an easy to follow tutorial on how to connect to external databases from a CRM script also I need help in creating the interface for it all - basically where to begin, how I query CRM for data, creating a case, etc, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Matt

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:43 PM

All replies

• Been doing some more googling and the hint is that client side connections are not reccomended due to security issues: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/857670/how-to-connect-to-sql-server-database-from-javascript

Ok question is how should I be connecting in order to do what I want to do not is not going to cause security issues?

Also need the form to be a standalone form as opposed to be embedded within another entities form.

regards,

Matt

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 2:17 PM