How to create System Views and Charts for Order Details? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who is interested in seeing Charts for information from the Order Details entity. I have tried to create Charts with their specified criteria; however, CRM is only allowing me to select from All Order Details. I want to create new System Views for these Charts to utilize (I need to filter my data set) but I don't have the option in the Customizations to create new System Views for this entity.

How do I create a System View for Order Details?

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:56 PM

Answers

• You don't necessarily need a System View for filtering the data in your charts.

If your situation allow, you can add the filter from the fetchxml directly to the chart xml. That will filter your dataset directly in the chart instead.

Create you view first with Advanced Find, then download the fetchxml. Take the filter properties from there and add it to the chart xml between the <entity> tags in the fetchcollection.

Remember to add the filter information to the chart name, as it will still say "All Order Details" on the top of the chart.

That way you don't have to share all your views, charts etc. to make sure it works for everyone, although it will look the same to the User.

What's better though, really depends on your specific situation.

Ulrik,
    Blog: http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com - Exclusively for MS CRM 2011 Charts
    Twitter: crmchartguy

• Marked as answer by Meghan Deaver Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:22 PM