Uninstalling Customer Portal - Need help removing dependencies RRS feed

• Question

• We've upgraded a CRM4 installation to CRM2011, which included a customer portal accelerator.  After the upgrade, I installed the 2011-compatible Customer Portal which (If I remember correctly) migrated or over-wrote some things.  Now, when trying to uninstall the Customer Portal, I get a long list of dependencies similar to this thread.  I've managed to get the list down to the following handful that I'm unsure how to remove:

1. The Field types I actually have already deleted by clicking the link on the left and removing the column and saving.  I can't understand why they're still showing up here as a dependency, but if you click that left link again, the column aren't there.
    2. No idea how to go about removing contact_ribbon.js because there's no link at the left to an entity/resource/etc interface where it can be deleted.
    3. Opportunity_main_library.js contains code that another developer here has written, and has nothing at all to do with the customer portal, but for some reason is showing up in this list.  I'm fairly certain this existed in our CRM4 installation and somehow got caught in the upgrade.

If anyone can give me guidance on how to address any of the three bullet points above, I'd be grateful.  Thanks.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:57 PM

All replies

• Try this...

For 1 ==> Publish the Opportunity entity, if you had not, after you have removed the Fields in the Columns of My Open Opportunity View.

For 2 and 3 ==> Go to the respective entity's (Contact & Opportunity) form editor page (For example, Opportunity - Customize - Forms - Main form). In the Form Editor, open the Form Properties dialog - Events tab. And remove the above mentioned *.js files from the list. Publish the entity.

Then try to Uninstall again.

Thanks,

RBaliga

Monday, January 9, 2012 12:34 AM
    1. I haven't worked on this problem in a while, but when I came back to it, the only Field item left was the Opportunity(Partner) one on the Opportunity(Open RPP's) custom view.  The msa_partnerid column doesn't exist on the view, so I tried publising the opportunity entity like you suggest, but that had no effect.
    2. There IS no contact_ribbon.js library on the Contact entity's form.  That's my problem.
    3. In this case, there is code in the Opportunity_main_library.js file that needs to be kept, so removing the file wholesale is not an option.

Perhaps I should explain WHY i'm trying to remove this solution:  It appears to be broken.  When clicking on the 'Create Invitation Code' button for a contactm, nothing happens.  I hoped that a clean remove-install might fix whatever's causing this problem.  Other solutions would be helpful.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:29 PM
  • For the js resources, can you try renaming the Opportunity_main_library.js and creating a contact_ribbon.js?

If that doesn't work you can attempt to install customer portal again and see if that fixes it.

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:05 AM