Can't Find the Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• What shall I do if I don't see the COA sticker that bears the Product Key on the computer and I can't find the installation CD, is there any other way to find the computer's product key.  Everytime I open the computer, there's a window that says my my microsfot software is not genuine, how can I just stop that????? It takes time for me to open my computer because of that.

SuperCarter

Sunday, November 11, 2007 12:01 PM

Answers

• Super Carter,

Where did you purchase the computer? Is the computer a commerically built system or a customer built? First if your computer is commercially built the best option would be to contact the manufacturer who made the system. Next ask their customer support section how to purchase the recovery software disc. If your system was custom built please work with the store or person and request the original media and COA sticker. Another option would be if you have lost, broken, or misplaced your original Microsoft Office or Microsoft Publisher installation CD, you can order replacement media from Microsoft @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822/en-us. Last you can take advantage of the WGA kit offer which presents itself when you fail the vaildation process. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:01 PM