CRM 2013 Upgrade Completed (Online) - now users getting Insufficient Permissions error RRS feed

• Question

• This past Sunday, our CRM Online org was upgraded to 2013.  On Monday, when the call center users came into the office - they were all receiving 'Insufficient Permissions' errors when trying to open up Account and Case records that they had not had issues opening on the Friday before the upgrade.

Is there a new security permission that comes with CRM 2013 that I have to enable for the users to view these records?  Is there something I am missing?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:20 PM

Answers

• I don't know the specific security priviledge that caused this but apparently only the out of the box security roles received the new permissions causiing any users with custom security roles to receive this error.

In the time since my initial post, I have gone back and updated all security roles and tested them to ensure they do not have the permission issues completing any of their necessary tasks.

• Marked as answer by Tim Beljavskis Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:16 PM

All replies

• When they recieve the error, they normally also recieve an error code, which will tell you what the missing access rights are.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:47 PM
  • The insufficient Permissions error does not give any further detail (see image).

Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Run a platform trace with verbose logging turned on on the CRM server while you reproduce the issue.  This will give you a more detailed error message telling you the permission or at the lease, the GUID for the privilege.

Also, you can try giving one of these users the sys admin security role.  If they still see the error, then the root cause is deeper and may be a database permission for the account running the CRM App Pool.

Jason Peterson

Friday, December 20, 2013 3:17 PM
  • If you are using CRM Online, the case is free of charge.

You can log a case to Microsoft. CRM Online engineer has rights to get server side trace and check what happen at the backend for you.

Wilson

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Hello all,

I have found this issue happening on our client side also, we have not yet enabled the new forms and it looks like maybe some of the users changed the view from information to new entity form view. I got around it as follows, temporarily give user system admin rights then go into entity and change the form view from entity name to information.  then I removed the rights from the user and they now can create and view contacts. 

Please note these users did have custom roles created so it could be something that there role is missing which allows them to switch back to the old forms if they are not yet using new forms 

Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:05 PM
  • We're also see the same issue when trying to create or view existing cases.    Wondering if anyone has isolated which new security role setting is the source of the problem on the custom entity?     
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:38 PM
  • I don't know the specific security priviledge that caused this but apparently only the out of the box security roles received the new permissions causiing any users with custom security roles to receive this error.

In the time since my initial post, I have gone back and updated all security roles and tested them to ensure they do not have the permission issues completing any of their necessary tasks.

• Marked as answer by Tim Beljavskis Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:16 PM