reinstalling RRS feed

• Question

• hello, i'm using windows live one care,and have used it on three pc,s but i've decided to get a newer pc,my question is will i be able to install it on the new pc even though i've used it three times,just don't want to have to buy it again well aleast for another year thats when it runs out anyway thanks Dave.

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Dave, uninstall One Care from the old computer first, then install One Care on the new computer. You shouldn't have any problem activating One Care on the new computer.

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:34 PM
  • You can reinstall or *move* OneCare fairly often. In fact, using version 2.0 and making at least one PC a hub in a Circle makes this even easier. Simply open OneCare on a hub PC and select the computer you wish to remove from your subscription. It will de-activate OneCare for that PC and you will be able to install using the same LiveID to a new PC.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:53 PM
  • "Hub" is term used to describe one or more of the PCs on your subscription that have been configured to monitor the other computers in your subscription. This is a new feature in version 2.0.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave, uninstall One Care from the old computer first, then install One Care on the new computer. You shouldn't have any problem activating One Care on the new computer.

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:34 PM
  • thanks for the quick response,i like that very much even though i used 3 times?
    Monday, November 26, 2007 2:38 PM
  • You can reinstall or *move* OneCare fairly often. In fact, using version 2.0 and making at least one PC a hub in a Circle makes this even easier. Simply open OneCare on a hub PC and select the computer you wish to remove from your subscription. It will de-activate OneCare for that PC and you will be able to install using the same LiveID to a new PC.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:53 PM
  • hello Steve thanks for the info... sorry to say not sure what you mean by hub?
    Monday, November 26, 2007 5:56 PM
  • "Hub" is term used to describe one or more of the PCs on your subscription that have been configured to monitor the other computers in your subscription. This is a new feature in version 2.0.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:09 PM