none
Preview in reply window does not work right RRS feed

• Question

• The Preview icon in the Reply window does not work correctly.

1. It does not display the post exactly as it will appear (fonts are sometimes different, vertical spacing is different, signature is not there, ...).

2. It is still possible to edit in the Preview. Surely this should not be possible.

In fact the Preview seems pretty useless to me. In its present form I would say : Remove it!

In the old forums it worked correctly.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 20, 2008 2:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dave-

#1:  I can't repro this.  What browser are you using?  Do you have some sample text that is not appearing correctly?

#2:  I can't repro this either.  When I am in preview mode, I can't make any edits.

If you can let me know the answers to the above, that would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 7:17 AM
  • Hi Alicia:

Just to be clear, I am talking about the Preview button that is the rightmost of the three buttons at the bottom of the reply window.

I am using Mozilla browser (FireFox or SeaMonkey) and IE6. Not IE7 or IE8.

1. I don't seem to be able to reproduce font or spacing issues right now. Maybe they had to do with the code formatter (which is completely messed up, IMHO). But anyway, there is no doubt that the preview does not display your post exactly as it will be, because it does not add your signature. In fact when I click the preview button I do not see any visual change in the display at all. In the old forums, the Preview was an actual preview of what your post would look like.

2. Ah yes, I do not see this on IE6. But on Mozilla browser (FireFox or SeaMonkey) I can still edit the text in the Preview.

Basically, this preview seems completely useless to me.

• Edited by davewilk Monday, June 23, 2008 10:47 AM Testing
    Monday, June 23, 2008 10:02 AM
  • The Preview feature was removed, and thus this issue.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:02 AM