none
How to automatically generate reports?

Question

• I'm looking at the data in the "Job Resource Usage" report from within the Cluster Manager.  I'd like to automatically export this data to an excel file once a month.  Any thoughts on how?  I can't find any options in HPC itself, nor can I find anything do far in the Microsoft.HPC snap-in for PowerShell.  I have to assume there's some way to do this, at least in PS if not in the program itself, but I'm not seeing anything.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!
    Monday, March 28, 2011 10:36 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately we don’t have an automatic way to export built-in report to excel. The good news is that the built-in reports will be kept there forever and you can always export your favorite report by the 2 ways:

·         In the report pane, right click ”Export->Excel”.

·         In the report toolbar, click the “save” icon and then “Excel”.

• Marked as answer by Teleute00 Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately we don’t have an automatic way to export built-in report to excel. The good news is that the built-in reports will be kept there forever and you can always export your favorite report by the 2 ways:

·         In the report pane, right click ”Export->Excel”.

·         In the report toolbar, click the “save” icon and then “Excel”.

• Marked as answer by Teleute00 Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:14 AM
  • It can't even be scripted?   I took an HPC course last year and the teacher swore up and down about how you could do just anything with HPC and PowerShell...
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff423709(VS.85).aspx for how to export data and build customized report, but not for exporting built-in reports.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Yeah, I had found that, but I was hoping not to have to reinvent the wheel (since the report we want already exists).  Thanks, though!
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:37 PM