none
Double clicking the submit button

General discussion

• Maybe it has been mentioned already but searching takes way too long for me to do a thorough check.

I have to double click the Submitt button when posting or replying to a post.  A single click doesn't seem to do anything.

Michael Taylor - 5/30/08
    http://p3net.mvps.org

Friday, May 30, 2008 1:58 PM

All replies

• This isn't always the case it would appear.  I just single clicked and it worked.  Maybe it is a performance issue.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 1:59 PM
  • No, it's a design issue. I found your thread while deciding whether to start a new one on the same issue.

It looks like many of the user-interface features of the forums work off of an AJAX timer. They all take about the same five seconds or so to happen, at most.

At the same time, there is no UI feedback for "button has been clicked, but the action will happen when the timer goes off". They should change "Submit" to "Submitting", "Propose as Answer" to "Proposing", etc. They might even find one of those cute AJAX "I'm working on it" animations and use that uniformly, to avoid localization.

But they need some visual indicator that we've clicked in the right place, that they've seen the request, and that any further delay is due to performance issues, and that we do not need to click the button again.

It almost makes me dread clicking Submit, because I don't know when the request has been submitted until I see the reply window drop down.

John Saunders | Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:30 AM