Passing form parameters from one C# asp.net webpage to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having trouble passing parameters from one asp page to another. I'll send a copy of the code shortly once I get on the machine I'm developing on. As reference, I'm running MS Visual Studio 2013 on my local computer, creating code in C#.

At any rate, I confirmed that the:

1. Form html tag declares its method as post
    2. All input tags have a name attribute
    3. A Submit button is present, confirmed that the type="Submit"

I made a test project, where test1.aspx has the form whose action calls test2.aspx.

Running it through the debugger reveals that the Request.Form collection is empty after clicking submit.  I did notice that Intellitrace did acknowledge a post request to test2.aspx, but also shows a redirect to test using the get method. I looked through the Request object and did see that the method is truly get.

I'm a newbie when it comes to ASP.net, so perhaps I'm just missing something simple. Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Arun

Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:05 PM

All replies

• Correction:

"I did notice that Intellitrace did acknowledge a post request to test2.aspx, but also shows a redirect to test using the get method. I looked through the Request object and did see that the method is truly get. "

The redirect occured to "Test2" as opposed to "test", as I wrote above. I'm using C#'s ASP.NET.

Regards,

Arun

Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Hi Arun,

This forum is for Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service). And your question is about ASP.NET, please open a new thread in ASP.NET forum for an efficient response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 31, 2014 3:30 AM