none
Hal.dll and 2 installs of XP Pro on same IBM Laptop T60 Thinkpad RRS feed

• Question

• Ok. I got the Blue Screen of death. Hal.dll issue. I did not have a restore area setup. (BIG Mistake) So I tried to do a fix from Windows XP Pro CD. I own 2 copies of XP Pro and just recently moved and can not find. SO I borrowed my friends. The serial number is on bottom of my laptop and the other one I own I do not know.... Anyway. Nothing was working. I am one of the millions caught in a reduction in workforce and NEED my laptop to apply for jobs and connect with my netowrk people. So... Let's see I installed another version of XP Pro on the same laptop THINKING (My mistake) that would cure the issue of me being able to fix hal.dll on the windows side .... My new install is in Windows2 directory.

OMG. I can not get it fixed. I downloaded Reg Cure but It is ONLY checking the windows2 directory and I can not figure out how to have it scan and repair the windows directory.

I also downloaded Driver Detective. But honestly I can not afford the full version so I see the errors yet can not fix them.

ANY HELP IS SO MUCH APPRECIATED!
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:30 AM

Answers

All replies