none
Azure Blob Store - downloading a file from another website RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I can see a lot of tutorials that are showing how to upload a file a computer to Azure Blob store with PowerShell.

However, I would like to connect to a website <g class="gr_ gr_144 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="144" id="144">url</g> is a link to a zip file and download that into the Blob store unzipped. Is this possible?

If you can point me into the direction of <g class="gr_ gr_335 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="335" id="335">tutorial</g> or a quick demo it'd be appreciated. I can't <g class="gr_ gr_386 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="386" id="386">seem</g> find to find the right words for Google tonight!

Regards,

Dave

• Moved by jrv Monday, November 5, 2018 9:27 AM abandoned
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:44 PM

All replies

• Please fix your post as it has large blocks of HTML tags which makes it unreadable.

Also note the following:

This Forum is for Scripting Questions Rather than script requests <o:p></o:p>

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

1. Download the file from the url and save it in the specific file path.

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $filepath

2.Use the if statement to determine if the file exists.

if((Test-Path -path $filepath) -eq $true)
    {}

3.Then use powershell to unzip this file. In PowerShell v5+, there is an Expand-Archive command (as well as Compress-Archive) built in. You can use it to unzip your file. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.archive/Expand-Archive?view=powershell-6

4. You can upload the unzipped file to Azure Blob store.

Try to write the script to solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, October 5, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, November 5, 2018 9:23 AM